Punch Pubs hosts Publican of the Year Awards
Following a two-year absence, Punch Pubs & Co’s regional Publican of the Year awards recently returned.
Following a two-year absence, Punch Pubs & Co's regional Publican of the Year awards returned recently to recognise the best performing publicans from across its 1,300-strong pub estate.
Operations managers at Punch narrowed down the search by nominating two pubs from their areas, based on their performance and ability to run a standout pub within their local community.
Nominated publicans were then subject to mystery visits completed by each operations director throughout January and February to determine the eventual regional winners.
Each nominated pub was recognised for their outstanding businesses, guest experience offering and community support - from home deliveries, a listening ear or to raising money for charities.
Each awards ceremony celebrated the very best from punch’s pub estate, with regional winners being announced at events held at Punch’s headquarters in Burton-on-Trent or from Punch pubs within its leased and tenanted estate.
Punch Pubs & Co. Regional Publicans of the Year
- Ben Rosson & Ellie Allen of the Golden Cock, Huddersfield
- Sean Young of the Red Lion, Guildford
- Mark & Diane Burton of The Birch Tree, Dudley
- Martin & Anna Cavanagh of The Trelowarren Arms, Falmouth
- Alan Nichols of The Regent Bar, Edinburgh
- Darren and Adelle Paul of The Station in Kings Heath, Birmingham