Some of the top breakfasts and Bloody Marys from across the UK have been selected to compete in the National Breakfast Awards grand final.
Following the launch of the National Breakfast Awards a year ago, the competition looks set to be fiercer than ever, with more outlets from across the café, casual dining, pub and hotel sectors having applied to battle it out to be named Britain’s best breakfast.
Running alongside the National Breakfast Awards will be the Bloody Mary Challenge, held in association with TABASCO®, Clamato and Ketel One vodka. This will see bartenders and mixologists going glass-to-glass to win an incredible trip to Avery Island in Louisiana, USA, the home of TABASCO®. The 13 finalists include representatives from Butcombe Brewery, Claridge’s and Wright Brothers.
The chefs and bartenders will congregate at Westminster Kingsway College on 30 January 2019 to take part in the live final. They will then compete in a series of rounds and their dishes/drinks will be scored by a panel of industry-leading judges. The awards ceremony will take place later that evening with a £1,000 prize up for grabs, as well as the trip to Louisiana.
National Breakfast Awards finalists
- Cafés: Aromi Caffe in Cambridge; The Bus Café in Margate; Social Pantry Café in London; Urban Pantry in London.
- Casual dining: Beastro in Manchester; Ed’s Easy Diner in London; Filling Station in Manchester; Giraffe in London.
- Hotels: Café Forty One in London; The Dower House Restaurant in Bath; Hotel Indigo Dundee in Fife; Macdonald Hotel and Spa in Manchester.
- Pubs and bars: The Jolly Sailor Inn in Looe; Noel Arms in Chipping Campden; The White Hart in Somerton.
Bloody Mary Challenge finalists
- Aether in Liverpool
- Babbo Restaurant London
- Brickwood Coffee and Bread in London
- Butcombe Brewery West Lulworth
- Claridge’s London
- Drakes of Brighton Brighton
- GENUINE Liquorette in London
- Mare Street Market in London
- The Book Club in London
- The Drawing Board in Leamington
- The Noahs Ark Inn in Lurgashall
- Wright Brothers London
- Zest Café and Bar in Ramsgate
The National Breakfast Awards is sponsored by Ketel One, New York Bakery, Nutella, Panasonic, Startle, Clamato and Tabasco.